Wedding at Battery Point Lighthouse
Battery Point Lighthouse is being preserved, maintained and operated by the Del Norte County Historical Society on a non-profit basis as a public educational resource. Although private weddings do not meet the goals of the Society’s mission, the Society recognizes the desire of couples to use the location for wedding ceremonies. If couples would like to help the Society in meeting its goal of preserving the Lighthouse, your generous contribution will be appreciated.
Below are guidelines to be used by couples in planning their ceremony at Battery Point Lighthouse.
- Weddings will be held outside of the Lighthouse only.
- There will be no access to the Lighthouse or its facilities.
- Weddings are permitted only during times when the Lighthouse is closed to tours.
- Anything needed for the wedding will be brought over by the parties involved and everything (including trash) will be removed from the island immediately following the ceremony.
- Del Norte County Historical Society and Battery Point Lighthouse are not responsible for any injuries which may occur, or for the loss or damage to any property.
Before a date will be set for your ceremony, the signup form must be signed and returned to the address below. Upon its receipt, the couple will be contacted by the Lighthouse keepers in order to make arrangements.